Saturday, March 28, 2009

The wonderful Serai (Lemon Grass) & Bunga Kantan (Ginger Flower) ....


Hah, my favourites ... the wonderful serai & bunga kantan. Each time, my uncle (Seh Sook) & Aunty Mun Lee visit Kuala Lumpur, they bring along these 2 of my favourite ingredients. They grow in abundance in Balik Pulau.
Although I have settled down. in Kuala Lumpur, more than 20 years, I am not short of the taste from home. My mom sends along her salt fish acar, dried prawn sambal (sambal heh-bee). Occasionally, she sends deep frozen dishes like pineapple salt fish curry, perut ikan, bamboo shoot curry, fried fish with sambal spread inside by the bones, vinegar trotters and sometimes even the 'char kuay toew' from my favourite hawker along the roadside in front of Green Garden Kopitiam. I'm so lucky .........

No comments:

Post a Comment