Tuesday, March 17, 2009

The encouraging factor ...

Each time, when I get an order for a cake ... if, it is to be a plain one, I'll know for sure what it will look like, when done. However, if, it is one that is to be decorated for an occasion, then ... the adventure begins ... Somehow or other, I would normally use natural products, like fresh or preserved fruits, nuts, chocolate, wafers, etc, etc .. instead of using butter cream to create the decoration and design.

Although, through trial & error, from the start, well, I managed to improve little by little, gaining confidence to decorate a cake. I am still learning through sharing my discoveries & experiments with my professional baker friends, the internet and books.

Nevertheless ... knowing, I've given my best, it always feels so good to see the smile on the face of the one, who the cake is made for. The decoration is unique each time. I'm likely not able to produce another cake with the same design & decoration ..i just can promise that the cake will always taste the same, BUT it is going to look quite like this ......

Life is just like that ... one can go back to the same spot to recreate everything ... BUT, it will NOT be the same.

Therefore 'TREASURE YOUR SPECIAL MOMENTS', - because after that, .... it's just becomes a precious memory.

No comments:

Post a Comment